Recent Mold Remediation Posts
When a Water Leak Goes Unchecked.
Mold showing on wall.
A homeowner in Highland Haven, TX was referred to us by a local adjuster for some mold that was found in their home.
When production technicians from SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood arrived to meet the adjuster and homeowner on site, it was determined that this was a water loss that may have been going for some time. Fortunately, the mold/mildew was contained to a couple of closet areas in the home.
With instructions from the adjuster, and permission from the homeowner, our production technicians removed and bagged the drywall, verified that there were no other issues with mold in the walls, and sprayed antimicrobial to prevent future mold growth.
Pro Tip: If you're planning to be gone for extended periods of time, it's a good idea to turn off the water at the main to your home to avoid possible water damage.
Does mold have you held prisoner in your home?
When water damage goes unchecked.
This property was on the market and empty allowing a pipe leak to go unchecked. We received a call from the realtor about water in the home at this property in San Saba, Texas.
When technicians from SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood arrived they found mildew/mold growing behind the stove. The affected drywall was removed and bagged for disposal. The wall and framing scrubbed and sprayed with an antimicrobial agent.
In addition, other walls needed to be removed due to water damage as well as carpet and pad in several areas.
Be sure to turn your water off at the main if away from your property for a while.
Kingsland Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Marble Falls for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas & Brownwood specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (830)693-6415 or (512)556-5979
Has mold made itself welcomed in your home?
Toxic black mold all over drywall.
It's found indoors and out doors.
It can get into your home or business through windows, doors, vents, A/C systems even on your clothes and pets. Even after flooding has dried out it can still grow in dry wall, wood, paint, dust, wall paper, fabrics and upholstery. But how do we stop it? Can we prevent it or stop the growth before it has harmful affects on us?
YES! Yes, you can!
Here are just a few small tips to help prevent mold growth in your home or business:
- Control humidity levels in your building. Mold thrives in moisture and dampness.
- Quickly asses leaking pipes, toilets, sinks, windows, roofs and ceilings.
- Thoroughly clean up and dry after any leak or spill.
- Make sure your shower/bathtub is ventilated and caulked as well as cooking areas and laundry rooms and water heaters.
- Make sure that all A/C and water heater pipes are not leaking or corroded.
Can I do anything to stop it once I find mold in my home or is it too late?
Mold can be cleaned or even removed from hard surfaces, walls, wall studs and carpets with the right treatments and remedies.
What to do if you find mold growing in your home:
- You need to clean it and stop the moisture problem right away. After all Mold thrives in Moist damp conditions.
- CALL SERVPRO!
- it can be removed from hard surfaces with chemicals such as bleach or antimicrobial.
If mold has you held hostage in your home, call SERVPRO of Marble Falls, Lampasas and Brownwood today! We can help!
We're open 24/7, 24 hours
You can reach one of our highly trained technicians at (830)693-6415